While you may have been placed in your student leadership position by election or selection - you will truly become a student leader through reflection.
If I were able to sit down with you for 30-60 minutes, these are the types of questions I would ask you:
1. What have you learned so far?
2. What do you know now that you wished you would have known coming into your position?
3. What has been your best moment up to this point as a student leader?
4. What have you done to make something easier for next person who will serve in your position?
5. Have you received or heard any negative comments about your leadership this year?
6. Where can you add the most value to your position and your team in the time you have left?
7. What is one thing that you hoped to accomplish this year but you won't be able to?
8. What will you need to do between now and the time you step down from your position in order for you to feel like you finished strong and successfully?
9. What (or who) are you most grateful for up to this point in your student leadership year?
10. What will you do with the answers to the previous nine questions to help you be a better student leader?
Is there a question that you think would be good to ask yourself as a student leader that I missed?
Leave your question below in the comments.
Photo Credit: www.intersectcommunity.com