I took a break from posting over the Christmas holidays and into the New Year. It was incredibly refreshing and a wonderful time with family. If you haven't taken a break from your routine for awhile (which I hadn't...not really!) then you are missing out on a great thing.
There are some wonderful things that I'd like to share with you.
- First, you must take some time to read through Rosa's (from Talking Story) collection of leadership wisdom from various authors. My post on Paying The Price is amongst those offered, but there is a wealth of great material.
You can read it here.
- I will be a part of a Blog Book Tour for Kris Bordessa's newest book, Team Challenges. You can read more about Kris's work on her blog, Great Solutions. I'll be posting my interview with Kris and a short review of the book on January 9th!
- I'm working on a new look for studentl.inc (at least the banner) and the addition of some more downloadable resources.
- I'm working on a partnership with Chris Baer. Chris is graduating from Stanford and has entered the arena of student leadership development from the perspective of a student. He has created a great looking site (called Secrets of Extraordinary Student Leaders) and it should prove to do nothing but grow in value over the next months. I'm looking forward to us putting our heads together and getting some helpful material on our websites!
- I'm in the process of writing an online seminar for Barefoot Ministries Publishing in the area of developing adult volunteers (who work with students) from workers to LEADERS! It is an exciting opportunity and I'll be posting snippets of the work on here to get your feedback.
So as you can see, even though I've been quiet, I've been scheming and plotting for a great 2006 on studentl.inc! Stay tuned!